Sunday 5 September 2010

Latest goings on

A few bits to catch up on, so think I'll try get it done chronologically.

Our 9th anniversary was on Wed.  We decided to celebrate properly this evening though (Sat) because firstly I was away in Reading with the kids and Adam had a branch council meeting that evening anyway, so didn't see much point in me coming back for it, if he was going to be out anyway.  So we said our "happy anniversary"s over the phone and I got a lovely soppy message from him in the morning.  Contents of which will be written in my personal private blog because I think he may be more than a little embarrassed if I published his soppiness for the world to see.

We went home on Thurs morning and I gave him his present as soon as we got out of the car - some stuff for his ipod he'd wanted.  He said he didn't know what to get me so he had tidied the whole house and garden as my present - it was fantastic!  I'd got that gloomy feeling on the way home when you know the housework needs doing when you get back - our trip to Reading was so spontaneous that I hadn't done the usual Monday clean.  So to get home and find it all done (plus a glass of my favourite drink, pink fanta, and some oreo cookies on the side) was the perfect present for me.

Birthday pressie from Amy and Mark
I also had some things waiting for me when I got back - a birthday present from Amy, Mark and Ollie, which is Mama's Italian Cookbook.  I'm trying out spaghetti and meatballs from it tomorrow with focaccia that I already know how to do.  And the top I'd ordered from Next with my birthday money had come too along with the new directory.  So I had a lovely relaxing evening in front of the telly flicking through that, lusting after beautiful clothes :)

Dress I found browsing that I really want now!

No comments: