Saturday 25 September 2010

Something's on my mind...

I need a few minutes to sit down and rest this afternoon so seems a good time to catch up on a bit of blogging.  Zach has decided he wants Balamory and Tilly has gone off for another little nap so I'm sitting on the sofa next to Zach while he nearly falls asleep - we're trying out a new tactic with him of removing his daytime nap altogether.  The hope is that he then doesn't give us grief in the evening at bedtime.  Also, lately he's been waking up grumpy after his nap and not getting much better through the afternoon, so we figured he may as well be grump from being tired and then at least he'll sleep at bedtime.  We only started yesterday and that went fine.  The other phase of the plan is that when Tilly has her nap I will spend some time with Zach so that he gets some individual time with me.  We hope that this will help combat some of his temper tantrums and attention seeking behaviour - the most annoying one at the moment is speaking in a babyish voice.  I think he's regressed a little bit because he sees the attention that Tilly gets.  Anyway, he turns 3 at the end of October so this horrible behaviour can't go on much longer can it?!?

I have something that's been on my mind a lot.  Ever since it was introduced in to my life by Karen 2 weeks ago.  They're Cookies and Cream Truffles and they are AMAZING.  And very simple.  You mixed crushed oreos with cream cheese (twice as much oreo as cheese), roll into balls, chill and then cover in chocolate.  And I'm having real cravings for them all the time, theyre just soooo good.

I can't remember if I wrote this down yet or not, but a little while ago Lani told me she'd had a lovely dream about shoes.  There was a pair of beautiful shoes and she told me she didn't have a dress to go with them but she got them anyway :)  She's a very girly girl and loves lots of pretty sparkly girly pink stuff.  She also quite recently said with a sigh "I wish I had more shoes..."  She's enjoying being in Mrs Blanch's class in year 2 and this week started going to the Strictly Dance club on Weds after school - brilliant as she's been wanting to do dance class for a long time.

Tilly is still not walking (now 18 months old).  She will stand for a little while and this morning managed to move one foot towards Adam before collapsing to the floor to crawl instead.  She has holes in the knees of nearly all her trousers...

1 comment:

JROD said...

Good luck with Zach! We went through a similar thing with Emma earlier this year. She was definitely still tired enough for naps, but as you say, would still be tired & grumpy after she woke up and then bedtimes were a nightmare. Once we ended the naps, she did just fine until bedtime and having her falling asleep 5seconds after lying down at night was SO WORTH IT!! We never looked back.