Saturday 7 August 2010

Maternity shots

So today I had my first go at doing some maternity photos for a friend.  This is her 6th and last baby so she thought she should probably have a go at documenting the end of her pregnancy.  She's 38 weeks now and since I'm off on holiday for a week tomorrow we thought we'd better get it done today, just in case.  In fact I hope she has it while we are gone because she's so fed up already, that last few weeks always seems to drag.

The photos went pretty well I think (notice I haven't said photo shoot - don't really feel qualified to use that term yet!) and while I haven't had a chance to do any post processing, I'm quite pleased with the first stage results.  Watch this space - I will publish any that she lets me (though the whole thing was done with the proviso that she would have the privilege of deciding what photos made it into the public domain...)

I'm doing my best to improve my photography at every opportunity, mostly by learning stuff off the internet, either from websites or other people on forums.   I think I've come a long way in the few years I've been taking it more seriously, but the more I learn, the more I realise there is still left to learn.

1 comment:

Rebecca Northcott said...

Becky it will always be that way - ive got 100% better since when I started but I am in no way shape or form perfect and know it all...it would be boring if you didnt keep learning and growing...