Wednesday 25 August 2010

Leilani's 6th Birthday

Today Leilani turned 6.  She was very Very excited in the run up to her birthday and I'm really glad she wasn't disappointed.  I tried really hard to make it a special day for her.  This morning she wanted boiled egg and soldiers in bed for breakfast, so I let her have it on the end of our bed, and for once I got the egg right so it had a runny middle (it's a bit of a difficulty for me - in my worries over it not being cooked I usually *just* over do it).  After that she opened her present from Zach and Tilly - some new school shoes that she had seen the week before and I managed to slip them in to the shopping with out her noticing.  When she opened them she remembered they were the ones she had liked so that was nice.

After that we were ready to give her a special present from us - now this really was special because she wasn't going to get anything, having chosen to go to Alton Towers instead.  But a couple of weeks ago I spotted a girls bike on freecycle, sent the email requesting it, being very polite, thanking them for their generosity and being sure to mention my daughter's birthday is coming up and they chose us to give it to us :)  When we got it it was in pretty good condition - certainly good enough to give as a birthday present.  She was so excited when she got it this morning and as soon as she was dressed went out on the drive to have her first go on a proper bike - no stabilisers.  She did really well, but I think was a bit disappointed she wasn't able to "get it" and ride by herself quickly.
We planned to go to Spout Yard (a lovely park in the centre of Louth) and invited some friends to come along too, but at 12.15pm the heavens opened and we got rained off.  Sandy, lovely friend that she is, said we could all go to her house instead, so we had a birthday tea there instead.  We had Evan and Joe; Lani, Zach and Tilly; and Riley, Gavin and Aiden.

After that we went back home for Quesadillas for dinner, got the two little ones to bed and asked her how she wanted to finish up her birthday and she chose to come out to the garden while I put the washing out and go on the trampoline.  Then watched Mighty Mights on cbeebies before bed.  At dinner time I asked her if she had enjoyed her birthday and she said it had been amazing and she wished it was her birthday every day.

I'm really glad she had a good birthday, I really wanted her to feel like it was a special day and I think she did:)

No comments: