Saturday 12 November 2011

Where should I sit?

Sometimes it can be really lonely rebuilding your life in a new country. Don't get me wrong, I have some good friends here and we love being here, but it's still pretty new and a feel like our metaphorical seats here are still new and shiny and don't have our bum prints firmly an permanently fixed to show just where our spot is.

Sometimes I just miss having old friends and having people that know of you and your family and having a firm place in the wider scheme of things. You know, when you meet someone new and tell them your a Witts or an O'Gram and they say "Oh yeah, I know your sister from YSA", or "Small world, your sister-in-law sang at my wedding" or something similar.

So right now I feel like we're just trying to find where our seat should be so we can mark our territory with a firm bum print.

2 comments:

Anna said...

is your bum big enough?!! ha ha ha!

Solviej said...

I still feel like that once in a while and I've been away from home for 11 years.