Saturday 3 December 2011

Necessity is the mother of invention

So it was the 1st December yesterday and I had not gotten any advent calendars. I went out to try and find some in the afternoon after I dropped Zach at kindy, only to find that they were all sold out. I have always planned on making a fabric one at some point, but I don't have the time or money for it right now so had to resourceful. I went to the craft shop to see if I could get some inspiration, and ended up with this:


It's an Advent box. Each morning it has a little treat and a note suggesting a kind deed for the day. I change the little card to show what day we're on , so the kids know that when the next number appears in the morning, the next treat is ready for them :) It's working out really well and may ren become a tradition. Actually I'm thinking of putting a scripture about Christmas in there each day too.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Great idea! Love it x