Thursday 8 December 2011

Diary of a sleep deprived mum

I miss being able to wake up at a time of my own choosing. Even if it was to an alarm clock that I set - at least I decided on the time. Or on Saturdays being able to waste a couple of hours mooching in bed. My normal alarm clock now is the kids fighting at 6 something a.m. When will they be old enough to just get up and go turn the tv on and quietly watch it while they wait for me to get up? (and if your answer is never, I don't want to hear it! Seriously, it's not even funny and may tip me over the edge into complete madness)

And I am so over the fighting. Constant, relentless, arguing and physical fighting. If they're awake and within a 10m radius of each other they can't go more than a couple of minutes without fighting over something. And I know it's normal. I know we all did it. I know I did it (this is probably some kind of karma pay back) but it does my head in! Even short journeys turn into scream-athons (and that's just me haha!). Zach and Tilly sit in the back and are *just* close enough to be able to reach each other to hit and scratch and whatever else. Or fight over whether to have the arm rest in the middle up or down.

Grrr.....

There is beauty all around, when there's no one home....

3 comments:

jennajohnbeverley said...

We taught Jonas the mute button at an early age so he could unmute the tv (left on for him overnight) in the morning. He actually can do it all now but I do find when they watch tv in the morning they are sometimes worse behaved. What's the sun rise time there, here it is 6.45 ish everyday, all year so they are not allowed out of bed til it's light. It is heaven sent, I don't think I could ever move off the equator, until they are teens and want to be in bed! the worse thing is waking up to arguing, good luck with it!

The Maire Family said...

I have days (maybe too many) where I think the only I've done the whole day is just yelled at my kids and telling them to stop fighting and arguing! On those days I just have to remind myself that I wanted this. ;)

The Maire Family said...

I just want to apologise for the grammar in my last comment. Its late and I'm tired. I always hate it when I see other people's grammatical errors and here I am doing the same thing!