Tuesday 16 November 2010

Movie Night

For Family Home Evening tonight we decided to watch How To Train Your Dragon.  After deciding to do this fairly early in the day it left me with the rest of the afternoon to mull over it and start thinking we could make it even more fun.  I decided to turn our living room into a pretend cinema.  After dinner we got the kids in their PJs and then they waited in the dining room with Adam while I set up.  At the living room door I set up a ticket desk/concession stand and draped our red fleece blanket over the screen then called them to come queue up for their tickets.  We used Zach's play till and pennies from our penny pot so they could come buy their tickets and snacks.  Then they waited in the "foyer" (our hallway) until they were ushered in to their seats.  Once comfy I did the grand unveiling of the screen, complete with opening movie music, I'm sure you know what I mean....

Ticket and concession stand ready to open for business
Queuing up to buy their tickets and snacks before the show
The kids loved it and so did we - they giggled through all of that, telling me I was very silly as they excitedly queued up for their tickets and snacks.  It was lots of fun to do a movie night with that little bit extra, would highly recommend a "trip to the cinema" at home :D

No comments: