Sunday 14 November 2010

Getting old?!?

I never really thought I'd be all that bothered about turning 30.  I never thought it would be a big deal.  But now I'm 29 I'm *beginning* to think a little differently...  Not so much about being 30, I think the actual number still doesn't really mean that much to me, but I am starting to notice a few minor signs of aging.  I guess I'm starting to realise that while my head got stuck at the age of 22, and I kind of started to lose track of my own age, when I look in the mirrow now I realise I can't pass for 22 on the outside! :)  Now, I'm not worried or depressed about it, I still think I look fairly young for my age, as I have through all my life (a cause for some concern when I was in my teens!) and I'm proud of the fact that I'm the only one of my sisters left who hasn't had a grey hair (I've jinxed it now haven't I...).  The thing I'm noticing is my skin, especially around my eyes.  Not looking quite as plump and youthful, as Davina McCall would put it in her age-defying cream adverts.  The other thing is Jess turned 22.  When my youngest sister turns the age I feel I guess it's time to accept reality :D.  Plus I remember how I felt about 30 year olds when I was 22, and they just seemed so distant and so much older! Ah well, time to grow up and be sensible... No, I don't think so, that's taking things a bit too far...

1 comment:

Anna said...

I feel the same! When I turned 30 I thought I'd better crack open the wrinkle cream.... I'm 31 tomorrow, how strange!