Sunday 17 October 2010

Primary Panto Day

Today we went to the stake primary activity in Hull.  We decided to all go and do it together as a family thing and really enjoyed it.  They did little fairground stalls around the cultural hall and had an area to do circus skills - juggling, diabolo, spinning plates, a unicycle etc.  Around the hall they had shooting basketball hoops, knocking over stacks of tins with bean bags, fishing for ducks, apple bobbing, throwing beanbags into holes, decorating cookies, making toffee apples and face painting.  Leilani chose to be a ladybird (and was very pleased to be the only ladybird while there were lots of butterflies and flowers wondering around) and Zach chose a Tiger.

After that we had lunch and then a panto - Dick Whittington, put on by Becky and Dave Burns who run a production company that go round schools and things doing them.  It was really, really good.  The kids loved the whole day.  And to top it off they have come home and played nicely together on the trampoline and are now sitting peacefully together snuggled up watching an afternoon movie on tv - they chose James Bond :)

Other things that happened today - when we got back Adam and I were both *really* tired.  Adam was about to go lie down for a bit, while I was setting up the computer to listen to something while I tidied up the kitchen.  He asked why I was bothering when there wasn't that much to do and I said I'd be spending about 20 mins doing it.  His response: "What?!?" looking around, "that'll only take 5 mins".  I spent the next 5 mins with a timer in hand watching him speed around the kitchen to prove his point :D.  He spent the whole time saying "I know what you're doing, I know it's reverse psychology..."  yet he still couldn't bring himself to lose the argument and carried on doing it.  Sometimes the two of us a just too competitive :)

Well, as payback for that while he's been napping I've mowed to lawns.  Don't know what came over me, but have a strong feeling it may have had something to do with the glass of Pepsi Max I had.  Especially since I have been cutting back on having it and haven't had it in a while.

No comments: