Monday 28 March 2011

For Class 2B

This is a message for Leilani's old class, 2B, at Kidgate.

Hello!  I am in New Zealand now and love living here.  The plane journey was exciting but very very long!  Here are some pictures of the place where we live.  It's called the North Shore and is the northern part of Auckland, over the harbour bridge.  We can see the main city as we drive to school.  That's what the picture is on the postcard I sent.  The tallest building is called the Sky Tower.  We live in an area called The Palms - here are some pictures taken from the deck at our house:




This is one of the beaches near us, called Mairangi Bay.  The island in the distance is called Rangitoto (said Rang-ee-toe-toe).  It's a dormant volcano.  There are lots of volcanoes around where we live, but none of them have erupted for a very very long time.


Practicing my handwriting in the sand!  This is at another beach called Castor Bay.










This is Me and my little brother Zach at a beach called Browns Bay.  We went after school today.

I'm wearing my new school uniform in this picture.  My school is called Sunnynook Primary and my class is Room 15 with Mrs Findlay-Clarke.  We have shorts and T-shirt and a hat as our uniform.  We quite often take our shoes off at school and a lot of kids walk all over the place barefoot, even walking home or to the shops.
While it's warm we have our assembly outside on the playground.



This is part of the playground off the beach at Browns Bay.

I'm really enjoying living here, but miss all my friends back in England too.  I hope you're all having a good time!

Love from Leilani x

No comments: