Thursday 1 September 2011

A momentous week

On Sunday I turned 30.  It's the first birthday where I felt like it actually made a difference.  I don't feel depressed about it or anything, but it does seem like a big deal to have hit 30.  I would also like to state for the record that I made it to 30 without having any grey hairs yet :D

I was woken up (after a bit of a lie in!) by the kids coming upstairs to bring me my cards and a big bucket of m&ms.
And then I was brought a lovely breakfast in bed of boiled egg and toast.

I had a nice slow morning just getting myself ready while Adam got the kids up, fed and ready for church.  I was actually pretty impressed that he managed it all without making us late :D

I got lots of birthday wishes at church and messages on facebook - it was lovely.  In the afternoon we went down to Castor Bay for a little bit and had a little walk down the beach and climb over the rocks and managed to get a couple of geocaches done down there too.

It was a really good birthday - not for any one thing in particular, but just for being made to feel special and having a day "off-duty".  Adam had also taken me out for my birthday the weekend before, because we had Leilani's birthday celebrations going on on Saturday.  We went to the cinema to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes and then for dessert nearby.  That's probably our favourite kind of date.


No comments: